Which league is the most competitive one?

Friday, February 5, 2010

2012 September 1st - transfer news



A quick transfer summary would be: Fairly well!

I got a much needed improvement in goal ( Ochoa - 5 full stars, Very versatile keeper )
My Midfield also got some very strong players in Mariga, Petrov and Camacho. I'll think about retraining Mariga to either MR or ST.. since his attributes would be fantastic for a Tower striker. He has a fairly good aptitude (yellow/light green dot) for playing as any of those two new positions.



Parma had been down in Serie B and didn't qualify this year either. Mariga was the only big star left in their team. Got him for 5,5M £ and I see that as a bargain.



Craig is an old loanee player at Millwall and grew fond of my team when he was here. Wasn't needed at Man Utd but I had to fend of Werder Bremen to get him.



Petrov, another great ukrainian talent to go hand in hand with Goncharenko. I believe Petrov is even better and is probably the strongest central piece at Millwall.



I tried for Joe Hart once again but his demands were too high. Guillherme Ochoa was in my opinion an even better option. I've always loved this player, even in real life. Is seen as my best player overall by my scouts. Can't really disagree...



Van de Laak is a cheap rotation player. I had to add width to the squad and his ability to play both as MR, AMR and ST made him a valuable player. James Vaughan had gotten injured in training at this point so the search for Strikers were priority 1. Having sold Garner earlier I only had MacDonald and Anichebe to rely on. None of them are starting material.. MacDonald is however a coming big striker.



Gianmarco Zigoni, as a big Milan-supporter i know about this young striker in real life. I'm sure he'll develop like this IRL aswell, good job FM. Had done a good job with Johnny Karp at Notts Co so I was pretty sure he could handle it in the Premier League. A loan with a buy-out clause at 2,9M £.



Erik Rossvold is a young regen I've been watching for the last season. Has much better aerial abilities than MacDonald, and his overall a more ready striker. Will fill in for Vaughan togheter with Zigoni in Attack.



I've been going at it for this guy for the last 4 transfer windows.. He hasn't bloomed yet and I find it strange. He always develops to be a fantasti DMC, maybe it's the new patch or maybe it's just a random occurance. I'm sure that he'll be a wonder in my midfield if he just gets regular playing time. Welcome Ignacio!



I've changed my tactics a bit since last season. Depending more on my midfield to be a better cover for my defence. Playing more counter attacking football against better teams (Arsenal, City,Chelsea etc) and a more controlling or attackin style when we face teams of lower or equal quality. (Hull, Sunderland, West Ham etc.)



Here's the first games.

Had a fine game against the Villains and is pleased with the draw. It could've gone either way.

Arsenal dominated me but didn't really get any dangerous chances. A mistake in the marking on a free-kick gave them their goal and i countered some great attacks but couldn't put it past Almunia.

Leicester was easy to dominate, too bad it wasn't a PL game.


I've set my sights on a mid-table finish, and I said that to the board aswell. I feel confindent in my squad compared to last season.

2 comments:

  1. Some Good Transfers And Camacho Was Pretty Cheap.
    Mariga Nearly Moved To Man City In Real Life But Got His Work Permit Turned Down.
    Also Good Results Considering They Were Away Games
    Overall A Good Start To The Season

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Mariga moved to Inter instead. He also played in the team from my birth city before he went to Parma. Helsingborg IF. Home of Henrik Larsson.

    He's a very intelligent and powerful player.

    ReplyDelete