Which league is the most competitive one?

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mid-season 2013 Feb

Millwall is holding their own this year. In a respectable 9th position in the Premier League it's looking like I will achieve the goals i've set infront of me and my team.

High points this year is the formation we found after some time into he season where it totally stabilized the play, from going up and down, from playing well to getting totally dominated. Now it's less goals in both directions and we seem to have the upper hand in most of the games, except against the big teams. But we never seem to get outplayed like we did before.

The new formation is a pretty straight-forward 4-3-3 with to ball-winners in midfield togheter with a deep-laying playmaker. With Vaughan back we now have a nice attacking set-up. Mariga is learning to play in attack aswell and Ivan Obolo has joined from Zenit on a free transfer.

I've been letting Craig Cathcart play as a right back up until now because he was the only one capable. Addison took his place in central defence togheter with Paul Robinson. I signed Garics as a new RB and this lets Cathcart get back to his old position as CD and Robinson will probably start from the bench.

I had to sell a few players to raise funds and clear some space on the wage budget.

Anichebe - 4M £ (Young Boys)
Hofland - 1,6M £ (Empoli)
Swanson - 4,5 £ (Cagliari)
O'Toole - 5,75M £ (Caen)

I can't understand where this money is going because I had hopes of getting enough funds to buy out Zigoni who has been my best striker so far with 10 goals in 18 games.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't buy out Zigoni either at the end of the loan, I had the money but he wasn't interested in signing the contract. I bet the same would have happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. exactly right. Have the updates for the end of the season and transfer window. Zigoni wasn't interested in moving. Had trouble bringing in that superstar striker. But i think i managed to sign good players nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete