Which league is the most competitive one?

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Aug 2014 Transfers


Here's the final standings from the season that went. European qualification was a satisfying achievement, I had hopes of getting 6th place but Meh.. who cares as long as we achieve the same thing either way.
Restructing the squad was the next step, even though not as radical as I was afraid of halfway through last season. I'll be keeping my tight midfield and sell off Camacho and bring in some more creativity in midfield. Some attackers will be looking for new clubs as i need to shrink squad in that department and instead add 1 or 2 new fullbacks. Rossvold is safe in attack but the rest is pretty much up for grabs. Obolo is old, Vaughan is always injured, Naki isn't settling into the way I'd like to play, MacDonald is pretty much safe aswell seeing as he's an own-product by now.
Some time went and here's how it played out.

I'll summerize the players quickly. Gosling was a filler-player, as he can play both in DR and the midfield positions. Jack Cork was an alternative but he was a bit too expensive in the latter stages of the transfer window. Tiendalli was also a filler, but I really wanted a bench player that could cover both fullback positions.
I was closing to sign him last window but he got snapped up by another team (Spartak Moscow i think.. I don't wanna double check) and I had to buy him now instead. He and Rossvold will form a very exciting striker duo.

Bertrand was the perfect option for my vacant left back position, quick, strong and technical... and english! :)

Canales, somewhat my new favourite real-life player. Couldn't let Real get there dirty hands on him in FM aswell. He's looking really good in the game thankfully.

I needed a good second keeper and I didn't have many to choose from. There was an even better regen from Italy but he was first choice in Palermo and had no interest in joining Millwall anyway. This was the smart choice, loaning him with a buy-out option (6M £).


Candreva will add some much needed creativity in midfield, is also a perfect option if i want to play with wingers at some point.


This was a filler player. Won't get that much playing time. Probably...


Gosling is more versatile and english, and with his paycheck I'll be sure to make use of him when I see fit.


The tactics I've been trying out so far. Playing out the european qualifying opponent Valur (11-0) in 2 games. Lost narrowly to Man City(0-1) and then beat Portsmouth 5-2 away from home.


Feel free to comment on my choices so far... or just Ask questions!
/Majk

3 comments:

  1. Hi Majk
    So you finished up 7th and got into Europe. Well done mate. I like your new signings in Gosling and Canales who are both on my Swindon shortlist. Bertrand at left back looks really useful and for a reasonable price tag. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kevin. I see you're holding out well with Swindon aswell. I had more trouble in my first PL season, things get better once you start signing quality players.

    I'm happy with my signings so far, haven't played much since posting here but Canales looks good in creating oppurtunities for my strikers, Bertrand is playing really well. Winter and Rossvold is working great togheter in attack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whens The Next Post Gonna Be?
    Btw, Good Signings But You Should Try To Fit Gosling Into Your Starting 11

    ReplyDelete