Which league is the most competitive one?

Friday, February 12, 2010

January Updates 2014

Millwall is going steady in the top-half of the Premier League and is currently in 8th place. ( I've actually played up until game 30, but I'm gonna go through the important stuff up until january )

Top 3 players so far:

Sergiy Kryvtsov (23) - avg rating: 7.34 - 32 apps 4 goals 2 assists

Guillermo Ochoa (28) - avg rating: 7.20 - 29 apps 33 conc 11 cln

McDonald Mariga (26) - avg rating: 7.13 - 32 apps 8 goals 2 assists


I'm extremly happy with my central defenders (Kryvtsov+Cathcart) along with Ochoa, they really tighten things up at the back. We used to let goals get past us way too easy but things have certainly changed.

They problem we're having is not having a working attacking-style of play. It's more power football and when we get chances we usually have no idea who passed, or we have those break-away moments the strikers gets themselves out of the defenders way but can't seem to get it past the keeper.

I'm planning on changing my play to a more ordinary 4-4-2 and have some natural attacking wingers produce chances from the flanks. This means having to sell off some of my central midfielders and striker and spending the money on some really good creative wingers. Camacho, Tshabalala will probably leave seeing they ain't getting enough playing time as it is. Petrov and Goncharenko could prove to be a perfect pairing in a new midfield central set-up. Mariga will be staying as he can play on the right and as a striker. I love his versatility.

I'm not posting pictures right now because it messes up everything I've written so far. But i'll put them up at the end of my season, it's a promise.

As for my Ghana career it's been terminated. I qualified for the World cup, was very happy with that but didn't enjoy the squad options. All the great players where in central midfield, adn then there was Opare as a great wing-back but no real options in Goal, Left defence, Wings or Attack. (A.Gyan was OK though).

Instead Ivory Coast approached me, seeing as they were also going to play in the WC and had a pretty easy group with France, Paraguay and Montenegro, I decided to go with them instead. They're not much better than Ghana but they're more balanced.

Back to Millwall - As I mentioned I'm currently in 8th position and I've been hanging around in that region for quite some time. 5th place is in reach with just 4 points up. The Teams ahead of me are, in order:

Chelsea
Man City
Man Utd
Arsenal
Everton
Tottenham
Aston Villa

I have a nice schedule ahead of me with only Manchester United as the real threat. Liverpool is in the last game but they're not going too good, even got Benitez sacked a few weeks back, lying in 10th position. I'm hoping for 6th place and it's achievable looking at my contenders fixture-lists.

Wish me luck!

/Majk

3 comments:

  1. Hi Majk
    Sorry I missed your previous post. You did well in improving your League position over the prevoius season. I hope you gain a European spot this time around

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished in 7th! not to shabby, scraping together a decent 64 points. 9 more than the last year. Hopefully I found my style of play in the last 10 games, I believe I did but hey, things ain't always what they seem.

    In any case, I'm nearly through with the transfers, selling a few players (including the old favourite James Vaughan) and replacing them with hopefully better players.

    New updates coming soon.

    @Kevin
    Don't sweat it mate! I ain't mad at cha.

    @J-Kay
    Thx for checking up on things! At least someone's being a regular *rolls eyes* hehe

    ReplyDelete