Which league is the most competitive one?

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Signings and the Struggle...


The season started out pretty decent with 11 points in 8 games. Losing to teams like Man City(1-4) and Tottenham(0-2), and a stinging and unfair defeat to Newcastle(2-3). Wins were taken against Stoke, Bolton and Everton. Then came the Black period.. it wasn't a month of bad results..it was like autumn and winter all togheter crashed down on my puny Millwall squad. Injuries, bad luck and poor performances led to the most disastrous period I've been in.
In 11 league games we lost 8 and drew 3. Horrible! In this streak we did meet the big four. Arsenal(1-2), United (0-2), Chelsea (1-3) and Liverpool (1-4). We also had no luck against Teams like Burnley (2-5) and Hull (1-3 they got a red card in first half).
In the last games we've picked ourselves up a bit and have drawn to straight games and won in the FA cup 3rd round against West Brom.
well.. our aim is still to finish in 11-12th place. The FA cup is also an option to shine.
On to the Signings I did. Now in picture form.

Peter Larsson.
Started out impressivly but has dropped in form quite a bit. Isn't producing along with the rest of the squad. Can't really blame him though.


Joe Garner
Probably my best striker this season... Doesn't say much though as they've all been under-achieving.

Sergiy Goncharenko
The Brigth spot in the Squad. Despite his tender age he performs wonders as Millwalls playmaker.



Adam MacDonald
Is a very promising attacker. Has scored 3 times in the cups and once in the league. Is used sparingly but is looking to be a big player in he future.


Dylan Burton
Another fine youngster. Had to replace Addison a few times due to injuries and has managed quite well. The youngest player in my team.

Wayne Tshabalala

What a wonderful name! An own product who looks very interesting. I have high hopes for him.

4 comments:

  1. I Like The New Picture On The Blog:)
    A Bit Of Bad Luck There, But I Hope Things Can Pick Up In The Second Half Of The Year.
    If You Survive, Then You Can Build A Stronger Team For Next Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm clinging to the 17th position, just above relegation. It looks solid but i still have United, arsenal and Liverpool among others to face. I'll just have to make sure I win against the teams below me. Then I'll just have to get a better striker and faster defenders.

    Thanks, I'm happy with the message my picture sends. I think it speaks for every FM-enthusiast out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite a struggle, hang in there! I like the picture too but maybe it's a bit too large, it takes quite some time to load. Anyway, good luck in the next games!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea.. I'll adjust it right away!

    ReplyDelete