Which league is the most competitive one?

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Season summary + pre season


After so and so season we finished in 7th place once again. We struggled to find our own style of play and rhytm. Starting out with a plain 4-3-3 and ending the season with a refined 4-1-2-1-2. I feel confindent going into the next season, we've found out what I believe is the best system, where we can challenge the big teams every time we face them. I'll show you some of the better results against the big ones.



Probably my most satisfying win. We really dominated this game right from the start, even though we didn't get to any real goal scoring oppurtunities. But my both strikers are young and inexperienced, but they're growing by every game.



A fine and comfortable win where we had an amazing first half. Tottenham did come back in the second half but couldn't produce that lethal touch in front of goal.



A good display against the best team in the league, they scored on every opportunity and we didn't.. that's really the big difference.



Here are the rest of the results, we stepped it up in the later part of the season but still managed to get some unlucky results in, like the one against burnley and middlesbrough.

I snapped up Akinefeev! on a free transfer deal in the winter and he replaced Ochoa, who by no means did a bad job, but we did let too many goals past us. Akinfeev became that wall i needed, and he should be, as he might be one of the best goalies in the game.

Goncharenko did a great job in midfield but unfortunatly i had to let him go. I tried to renew his contract but he couldn't get a new work permit, his stay here has been hampered with injuries, so I had to cash in on him. I got 7,5 M £ from PAOK, but I had to pay some of Gonchas wages.

Candreva was another player I had to let go. Whined most of the season about the competition for places and never really produced any good displays when I gave him the chance. Got a big transfer out of him from Marseille - 8,5 M £.

Other players that left was Addison (9,5) Robinson (free), Burton (2,5) and Hill (free)

So, on to the transfers for next season:


Young prospect for the fullback positions.


Mats Hummels from Dortmund was a good centre back. Not better than what I have but it was tough finding any good defenders this season. He'll rotate a lot with Cathcart. Kryvtsov still feels like the best defender.


Petrucci, United bred italian. Bought him off of Celtic and I was impressed with his development. Will be Canales back-up in that creative AMC role.


Mateo Mustacchio was a great find. 12 M £ isn't that bad either and he'll be my starting Right fullback and be a great cover for the central positions aswell.


Marquinhos was this seasons transfer bomb. Tried to get him last season aswell but couldn't finance the deal back then. Now I splashed the rest of my budget on one player, Hummels was actually bought after Marquie so i had some wiggle room. Will form a great striking force with Rossvold, Winter and MacDonald.

Good first games, qualified comfortably against Caen. I didn't manage my team in the friendly games but the team produced some good displays without me.

3 comments:

  1. Hey,I'v just read through your blog and its very good...but why did you quit as reggina manager when you were doing so good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know.. I had a great deal of fun playing with Reggina but in the end I had won everything and It was a team I only started to cover on the blog halfway through, so I decided I would start fresh and do what most of the really good fm-bloggers do - manage a lower league english club. Millwall as always been close to heart... but I find it hard to motivate myself to go on playing. But I don't think I'll start with a new save, I'll just wait and see. Some day the motivation will just come back to me and Millwall will find themselves pushing for a PL win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya I was Notts County + got them into the premier league after I think 4 season's..but lost the motivation to continue so made a new game!..think now i'lljust keep trying different teams till I find a team i'll stay with and love.

    ReplyDelete