Which league is the most competitive one?

Monday, February 1, 2010

Transfer trouble and pre-season

I had 12 players in my squad when the loaned players returned home. Of these twelve only 8 players fit the squad in terms of quality and earlier playing time for the club.

Jason Brown - Gk
Paul Robinson - DC
Martin Taylor - DC
Tony Craig - WBL
Nadjim Abdou - DMC
Adam Bolder - MC
Razak Boukari - AMR (hasn't settled in - crybaby)
Victor Anichebe - FC
Gary Alexander - FC (Old and not good enough... a real Millwall hero though)

#1 - So Ill be needing a new DC, a new Craig Cathcart, a new heart in defence.

#2 - A solid Midfielder/Playmaker.

#3 - 1 top class striker. (I'm hoping for James Vaughan)

#4 - A Defensive midfielder

#5 - Stable Right Winger

#6 - Broaden the squad with bargains and youngsters.

So here's who it went...

I'll post some pics of the new signings later on.
Joe Garner was just behind Vaughan in the championships top goalscorer. Peter Larsson was a great buy, with limited funds left. I had hopes of loaning Cathcart back but he had no intenion of returning... even though Millwall is his favourite club now. John Fleck was extremely happy to get a call back. I have a signing clause on his loan deal to make it permanent later on. ( i think it's in the 4M £ region).
I wanted to bring in a few other players but my low wage budget stopped a few deals, aswell as the club stature. Joe Hart would have been a great find for only 2M £ but had no intenion of joining. The same with Lorik Cana.. Addison works out there instead. Stings a bit that I didn't have the funds to finalise a 2,6M £ deal for co-owned Marco Verratti. Paulo Sammarco could've joined but I chose to save the money for Peter Larsson. Overall I'm happy with my signings and it's mainly up to the fact that I managed to sign many HomeGrown players.
O'Toole
Hill
Addison
Vaughan
Garner
MacDonald (regen)
Fox
Burton (regen)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Majk
    Congratulations on reaching the Premier League, it was a dramatic read for sure. I think you have some good signings there in Addison and Fleck. Good luck with pre-season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed yourself. I was on the edge of my seat, pulling my hair, on the verge of shutting everything off and just don't give a crap about FM.

    I didn't wanna go another year in the championship. But I guess that's the charm of playing this wonderful game.

    My squad is rather small, and my best rotation players are between 16-19 yrs of age. But then again they're pretty good regens. More news will come Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Majk, some good signings there. I guess you were quite happy about Vaughan :) Good luck in the Premier League!

    ReplyDelete